How to Measure EcoSmart Roller Shades
First decide how you will be Mounting the shade.
- Mounted within the window frame
- Provides a clean, built–in look
- Great way to leave attractive woodwork exposed
- If window frame isn’t deep enough please select outside mount
- Mounted outside the window frame and overlap the window frame. (Typically, you would want an outside mounted blind for
- windows that are not recessed or for windows that have a very shallow encasement and for doors.)
- Hides unattractive windows
- Creates the illusion of a larger window
*The width of the shade with the hardware attached to the ends of the roller tube is called the “tip to tip” measurement. Please be aware that the fabric cannot be and will not be as wide as the “tip to tip” measurement. This is true for all roller shades. On all roller shades that utilize the Louvolite clutch the fabric will be approximately 1 ¼” less wide than the “tip to tip” measurement. There will be a ¾" light gap on one side and a ½" light gap on the other side.
Now that you’ve decided where you want to mount your shade you are ready to measure!
- Measure the width inside the window at the top, middle and bottom to the nearest 1/8”. Record the narrowest width out of the three.
- Measure the length inside the window at the left, right and center. Record the tallest measurement out of the three.
- Always submit measurements as Width X Length. Do not take any deductions. The factory will take necessary deductions.
- Measure the window opening to make sure there is enough room to install the roller shade brackets. Depending on the size of your shade you will need between 1.5”-3” of depth for a flush mount. Please call if you have any concerns about your depth.
- Double check your measurements! There are no refunds or returns based on incorrectly measured, recorded or conveyed measurements
- Measure the width across the window where the blind will cover and round to the nearest 1/8”. Add between ½”- 3” to the width to ensure that the shade fully covers the window with no light gaps.
- Measure the length outside the window and round to the nearest 1/8”. Add between ½”- 3” to the width to ensure that the shade fully covers the window with no light gaps.
- Always submit measurements as Width X Length. The shade will be made to your exact measurements.
- Double check your measurements! There are no refunds or returns based on incorrectly measured, recorded or conveyed measurements.